A very useful padlet created by Parteen NS with suitable websites for all class levels. Thanks to Parteen NS for this resource. Educational Resources.
Access Kids Discover’s award-winning library of Science, Social Studies, and High-Interest Nonfiction on any device https://online.kidsdiscover.com/home
Instant access to inspirational lesson plans, schemes of work, assessment, interactive activities, resource packs, PowerPoints, teaching ideas at Twinkl! www.twinkl.ie
For access code to twinkl.ie click to see this post we posted earlier: http://www.stjosephsgns.ie/access-to-twinkl-resources/
www.scoilnet.ie Official education portal of the Department of Education and Skills in Ireland. Curriculum focused resources and support for primary and post primary teachers. Lots of ideas for Learning at home.
kids.nationalgeographic.com – a great site for children to learn about different countries, animals etc ; super games and activities
Worldbook Online – When you need fast, reliable information for homework, reports, or just a lingering question, World Book Online is the place to go. From pre-primary to secondary and beyond, World Book has databases for every learner at every level for an immersive learning experience.
Visit DK Find Out! to learn about dinosaurs, space, animals, nature & more. Fun learning activities for kids with videos, quizzes & galleries at DKFindOut.com
Learn a new skill….touch typing! Great fun and very child friendly
Dance Mat Typing by the BBC is a good choice. It is interactive, fun, free and easy-to-use for kids; the system is complete with animated animal characters, graphics and sounds
Jungle Junior: Typing for Kids is a nice one for the younger children.
More Sites that might come in useful.
English / Gaeilge
- http://www.storyberries.com/ – free stories to read online for all ages
- http://www.readingbear.org/ – phonics activities – reading words and games
- http://vocaroo.com/ (Children can record themselves reading and listen back)
- https://www.booktrust.org.uk – Book recommendations for all age levels
- https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/ – links to story books and games, quizzes, printable activities, book themed recipes to try
- https://www.mystorybook.com/ – children can create their own storybooks for free
- Futa Fata – on their facebook page are reading a story as Gaeilge every day
- Cartoons on TG4
- RTÉ Juniors – Child friendly news/weather etc.
Read, Write, Think – some quick links
- http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/student-interactives/cube-creator-30850.html – Cube Creator – create story cubes, or fact cubes about projects
- http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/student-interactives/construct-word-30003.html – Construct A Word activity (word building games)
- http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/theme_poems/ – Create your own theme poems
- http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/picturematch/ – Picture Match activity – match the picture to the sound (practice long and short vowel sounds)
- http://www.readwritethink.org/classroom-resources/student-interactives/haiku-poem-interactive-31074.html – Haiku poetry
- http://www.readwritethink.org/files/resources/interactives/acrostic/ – Acrostic Poetry
- https://storybird.com/ – create and write their own picture books for free
- https://storybird.com/books/my-big-day-12/?token=gufsb7yyug – Example story
- www.topmarks.co.uk – lots of maths games
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button – tables practice – how many can you get right in one minute
- http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/dictionary.html – Dictionary
- http://www.amathsdictionaryforkids.com/mathschartsIntro.html – Charts
- https://nrich.maths.org/13780 – addition and subtraction challenges for lower primary
http://www.glencoe.com/sites/common_assets/mathematics/ebook_assets/vmf/VMF-Interface.html – Glencoe Maths virtual Manipulatives (e.g. cubes, scales, clock etc. on screen to help with teaching maths)